It's the Humane Society of Huron Valley's 42nd Annual Walk & Wag and Run...like never before! We're bringing the fun to YOU (and your furry friends), wherever you are! Have friends and family sponsor you, support our community's most vulnerable animals who need us now more than ever, and finally join us on May 15th at 10 am online for the virtual event of the year! Aroo!
Other Questions? Check out frequently asked questions.
Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10am: Join us online! As Walk & Wag gets closer, we will provide registrants with a link to the online event. Our 45 minute program will include a musical guest, words from the 2021 Celebrity Spokesdog, adoptable animal stories, and the feature presentation: a pet film festival featuring submissions from Walk & Wag participants!
When you register, you get your own personal fundraising page to make it easy-peasy to ask friends, family and coworkers to sponsor you! Registration fees help us afford the event and kick-start your fundraising, because helping the animals is really what Walk & Wag is all about. We ask that everyone raise a minimum of $55 (more is appreciated!) to help sustain the work that we do for the animals all year round.
Nervous about fundraising? We're with you every step of the way!
- Here are some Fundraising Tips to get you started
- Change your Facebook or other social media profile pic to a Walk & Wag themed one. Here's one you can download! (Just right click and "Save As")
- Prefer fundraising offline? Use our fundraising form, then bring your donations to HSHV or mail them to the shelter: Attn Walk & Wag, 3100 Cherry Hill Rd, Ann Arbor MI 48105.
- Win prizes! Check out the one-of-a-kind rewards you can earn based on the amount of fundraising you do.
- It's fun for all ages - and for your pets! Walk & Wag includes online pet-themed contests and activities in the months leading up to event day. Nominate your dog to be this year's Celebrity Spokesdog, enter your pet's video for the virtual film festival, and (for youth 15 and under) complete Walk & Wag BINGO!
- Get up and moving! Run or walk the 5k on your own time, wherever you like - complete it on your own, with your furry friend, or safely with your team mates!
- Find a community: join our Walk & Waggers Facebook Group to meet other animal lovers like you.
- It makes a difference. Walk & Wag provides critical funds for our community's homeless, abused and injured animals. YOU ensure we continue to be here for them when they need us most!
For the Walkers
- Remember: you DO NOT need to walk to participate.
- Register and tune in for our virtual event program on Saturday, May 15 at 10am!
- Any cash or check donations can be mailed to HSHV at Attn: Walk & Wag, 3100 Cherry Hill Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105. Include a note letting us know they are for your Walk & Wag page. You can also drop them off in person in the secure mailbox at the entrance to our parking lot.
- All donations must be submitted by May 15, 2021 to count toward your fundraising goal.
- Checks should be made payable to the Humane Society of Huron Valley or HSHV.
For the Runners
- All of the above, PLUS submit your run time here in order to earn your Walk & Wag medal. Run WHENever you like: solo, with a furry friend, or safely with your teammates. Run WHEREver you like, or try the traditional Walk & Wag 5k route at Rolling Hills Park in Ypsilanti: