It's the biggest pup party of the year! Voted a Washtenaw County Favorite Event, Walk & Wag and Run is an essential FUNdraiser for the homeless animals in the community and includes a dog walk, 5k run, and so much more. Have friends and family sponsor you, bring everyone (including your dog!), and have a ball celebrating how you've helped the animals!
Questions? Check out our FAQ's!
Saturday, May 20, 2023 - Rain or shine from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Rolling Hills County Park - 7660 Stony Creek Rd, Ypsilanti MI Get directions to the park
8:00-8:45AM 5k check-in and registration begins
9:00AM 5k race begins
9:15AM Games and activities open
9:30AM Dog diving begins
9:45AM 1 mile walk begins
10:00AM Food trucks open
10:30AM Kids' Dash begins
11:15AM Mainstage: Celebrity Spokesdog introduced, Best Pet Trick winner announced
12:30PM Mainstage: Top fundraiser announcements and raffle prize drawing
When you register, you get your own personal fundraising page to make it easy-peasy to ask friends, family and coworkers to sponsor you! Registration fees help us afford the event and kick-start your fundraising, because supporting the animals is really what Walk & Wag is all about. We ask that everyone raise a minimum of $50 (more is appreciated!) to help sustain the work that we do for the animals all year round.
Nervous about fundraising? We're with you every step of the way!
- Win prizes! Check out the one-of-a-kind rewards you can earn based on the amount of fundraising you do.
- It's fun for all ages - and for your pets! Walk & Wag includes pet-themed contests and activities: nominate your dog to be this year's Celebrity Spokesdog, peruse the animal-friendly vendors, compete in the Best Pet Trick Contest, snap photos in our Pawparazzi Photo Booth, and more!
- Find a community: join our Walk & Waggers Facebook Group to meet other animal lovers like you.
- It makes a difference. Walk & Wag provides critical funds for our community's homeless, abused and injured animals. YOU ensure we continue to be here for them when they need us most!
For the Walkers
- Remember: you DO NOT need to walk to participate.
- IF YOU REGISTERED ONLINE: Report to the registration table when you arrive. We can take additional donations at that time. OR you can check-in early at HSHV on Friday, May 19 from 4-7 p.m.!
- IF YOU DID NOT REGISTER ONLINE: Bring your registration fee and any funds raised to the registration table the day of the event.
- All donations must be submitted by May 20, 2023 to count toward your fundraising goal.
- Checks should be made payable to the Humane Society of Huron Valley or HSHV.
- An adult must accompany all children under the age of 14.
- Dogs will receive a bandanna, and they are welcome to walk, too, of course! Please see the rules below about dogs.
For the Runners
- IF YOU REGISTERED ONLINE: Check in at the Registration Pavilion no later than 8:30 a.m. OR you can check-in early at HSHV on Friday, May 19 from 4-7 p.m.!
- IF YOU DID NOT REGISTER ONLINE: Register at the Registration Pavilion no later than 8:15 a.m.
- This is a timed 5K run. Here is the course map.
- Male and female runners with best overall time (and within each age bracket) will receive prizes. Winners will be announced and time will be posted after the race.
- Dogs will receive a bandanna, and they are welcome to run, too, of course! Limit one dog per runner. All dogs must be at least 1 year old, up-to-date on vaccinations, and well-behaved around people and other dogs. You dog must be on a non-retractable leash at all times. Leashes should be no longer than 6 feet to avoid entanglement with other runners.
For All Dogs
- All dogs must wear a collar and be on leash at all times.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations.
- Sorry; no dogs in heat.
- Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs.
- Participants are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Waste bags are available for easy clean up.