Ashley's Walk & Wag Page
It's that time of year again, folks!
I will be raising money again for Walk & Wag, the Humane Society of Huron Valley's largest fundraiser of the year.
Why am I doing this?
I am proud to be a staff member, volunteer, and donor for the Humane Society of Huron Valley. That is definitely one reason to raise funds for HSHV. But my main reason is Olive.
In May of 2017 Olive (the cutest and best dog in the world) was living in a high kill shelter in Savannah, Tennessee. I don't know how many nights she spent there, or what unfortunate circumstances brought her there. What I do know is that on May 31st, 2017 HSHV picked her up on the Love Train and brought her to Ann Arbor. I met her on June 1st, and finalized her adoption on June 2nd. Since then, she has learned how to play with and destroy toys, how to jump off a boat and swim in a lake, and how to shake with her fancy paw or black paw. She has traveled all around Michigan, stood up as the Flower Dog in my wedding, and has licked the face of just about every dog in our neighborhood. I am eternally grateful to HSHV for saving my best furrend.
Other fun statistics:
In 2018, HSHV...
- Adopted out 5,304 animals
- Reunited 746 lost animals with their owners
- Brought 1056 dogs & puppies to HSHV from overrun shelters down south on the Love Train
- Distributed 45,000 pounds of pet food to community members experiencing financial distress
- Spayed or neutered 6,912 animals
- Taught 7,795 kids and adults compassion through humane education programming
- Welcomed 228 new youth volunteers and 767 new adult volunteers to the shelter
- Saved nearly 300 animals living in cruel conditions
- Found homes for 14 cats with Feline Leukemia
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.