- Bountiful Bowls application
- Other Michigan pet food banks:
- Cascade Humane Society Pet Food Pantry
- Livingston Area Pet Food Pantry
- Michigan Animal Adoption Network Pet Food Assistance
- Michigan Humane Society Food Bank
- Tailwaggers Pantry 4 Paws
- Waggin Tails Dog Rescue Full Bowls, Full Bellies
- More Michigan pet food banks (PDF list)
Pet Food Assistance
The Humane Society of Huron Valley understands that financial difficulty often means making a list of priorities. Frequently, animals are forced to be low on that list. HSHV's Bountiful Bowls pet food assistance program helps Washtenaw County and Plymouth residents who are having difficulty meeting the nutritional needs of their dog or cat due to financial burden.
Trying times can be temporary. With a little assistance, a pet owner can often find a way to keep their pet in their home.
How to Apply
Because funds are limited, the program should supplement your monthly supply of pet food and not be the sole source of food for pets. You should expect to purchase food for your pets in addition to receiving the program food to meet their full nutritional needs.
- Food for the program is donated to HSHV by the generosity of our community partners; therefore, we can not guarantee that food is always available.
- Applicants must provide proof of Washtenaw County or Plymouth residency. Don't live here? Check this list of other Michigan Pet Food banks.
- Proper identification will be required each time food is picked up.
- The recipient cannot acquire more animals while participating in this program and will not be allowed to adopt from HSHV. Food will be provided for up to 5 animals.
- Monthly food pick up is on Sundays from noon-3 pm.
- Lost food buckets will be replaced at a charge of $5 a bucket.
- Membership may be revoked at the discretion of HSHV.
- This program is intended to provide temporary, supplemental assistance for up to 6 months. You may re-apply in 6 months if your circumstances have not changed.
- All animals in the household must be spayed or neutered.
Download an application (Word document)
Please contact Karie at (734) 661-3552, or email email@example.com.
How to Help
We rely on your donations to keep this program going! Thank you for your support!
You or your company can:
- Make a monetary donation
- Place an online order through our Amazon Wishlist and have the food sent directly to HSHV. (Please save your receipt for tax purposes; we cannot duplicate Amazon receipts)
- Donate unopened or opened bags of dry cat or dog food, provided they are in the original bags, no more than 3 months after the expiration date, and fee of bugs or rodent waste. Donations can be placed in the blue bin in our entryway anytime we are open.
If you have further questions about making a donation to the Bountiful Bowls program, please call (734) 661-3573, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.