Why choose us to spay/neuter your pet?
Our veterinarians perform more than 6,000 spay/neuter surgeries every year. And every one is important; our compassionate clinic staff is devoted to animals and their care. And they're not in it for the money; we are committed to offering affordable spay/neuter to pet owners, as it's the right thing for pet overpopulation, and it provides many health benefits for your pet.
How much is spay/neuter surgery?
- Kitten Neuter (<6 months old*) - $60
- Cat Neuter - $80
- Kitten Spay (<6 months old*) - $80
- Cat Spay - $100
- Puppy Neuter (<6 months old*) - $150
- Dog Neuter - $190 (See below for discount for pitbulls)
- Puppy Spay (<6 months old*) - $190
- Dog Spay - $230 (See below for discount for pitbulls)
- Feral Cats - HSHV's Trap, Neuter and Return Program aims to reduce overpopulation of feral cats, so we have reduced pricing for feral cats spay/neuters. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Pitbulls receive spay/neuter surgery at half price, with DHLPP and Rabies vaccines included at no additional cost (Please note: This special pricing and vaccine offer applies during non-promotional times; it does not apply to the current $20 PetSmart Charities special). To qualify for the discount, dogs must appear at least 75% Pitbull at the discretion of the technicians and DVMs at time of drop-off. We at HSHV love Pitbulls and want to help them out!
*We offer discounted sterilization prices to pets under six months of age, as the surgery is faster (which means less time under anesthesia for the pet), the recovery period is shorter, and we'd like to encourage spaying/neutering before your pet can reproduce.
What services are included with spay/neuter?
- Pre-surgical physical exam by our veterinarian
- Surgery by our licensed veterinary surgeon, with assistance and animal monitoring by our trained veterinary technicians
- Pain control - anesthetic injection and local block at time of surgery; and post-operative therapeutic laser therapy to promote healing. Dogs also receive pain medication (NSAIDs) to take home.
- No additional fees for obesity or estrus (in heat); cryptorchid surgery (for undescended testicles) is additional
- Free nail trim
What additional services are required if needed at time of spay/neuter?
- Core vaccinations (FVRCP and Rabies vaccines for cats; DHPP and Rabies vaccines for dogs)
- Heartworm test for dogs if 7 months of age or older
What optional services are available at time of spay/neuter?
- Additional bloodwork (CBC, Chem, Electrolytes; FeLV/FIV test for cats)
- Fecal test
- Optional vaccines (FeLV for cats; Leptospirosis and Bordetella for dogs)
- Umbilical hernia repair and extraction of retained deciduous (baby) teeth
- E-collar (Cone collar)
- Heartworm and flea/tick prevention