Thank you for signing up to attend Camp PAWS this summer! We are looking forward to working with your children and enjoying another great summer of learning about animals!
In these times of uncertainty, we have been busy planning and preparing to offer a safe and enjoyable camp season. The safety of everyone is a top priority for all of us at HSHV and we have implemented many new procedures within our camp program to help keep everyone safe. Rest assured that HSHV is following all CDC and public health recommendations. We know that close attention to public health measures is what will help keep everyone safe. Below are just some of the measures applied throughout our organization and are expected of employees, volunteers and the visiting public.
--maintaining 6 ft. social distance whenever possible
--wearing face masks, particularly when a safe social distance can’t be continuously maintained
--significantly limiting the number of people in the building and in enclosed areas
--cleaning and sanitizing all shared surfaces frequently
--ensuring people who are sick stay home
--working to keep those most vulnerable safe
--requiring self-reporting of symptoms/positive tests and close contact with those testing positive for COVID-19
--washing and sanitizing hands frequently (hand sanitizers are readily available throughout the building)
You might also be interested in knowing that as an animal shelter, the prevention of disease spread is an essential part of our everyday work. We have an advanced air exchange system designed to reduce the spread of airborne contagious disease and rigorous cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting protocols throughout the organization using highly effective and completely safe disinfectants.
At this time we are anticipating camp weeks to have an average of 10-12 students. In regards to camp, we have implemented several program- specific procedures to ensure safety.
- New seating and activity arrangements to better allow for social distancing
- Utilization of outdoor classroom spaces whenever possible
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of high traffic areas, storage cubbies, tables, chairs, restrooms, countertops and more
- Small group activities
- Children will be given their own set of materials to be used throughout the week (i.e. scissors, glue). Items that are non-porous will be properly sanitized daily. Other items that cannot be sanitized, such as crayons and paper, will be sent home with campers at the end of the day/week.
- Drop off/Pick Up
- Drop off and pick up procedures will occur outside of the building. Each camper will have their temperature taken with a contactless thermal thermometer and be asked to sanitize before entering the building. Parents/guardians will be asked to verbally complete a 5 question Covid-19 screening each morning during drop off.
- Facial coverings will be required for staff and highly encouraged for campers throughout the day. We understand that with young children, they may need breaks and our team is prepared to assist with that while keeping everyone safe.
We understand that regardless of new protocols, many families may feel unsure about whether or not they would like their child to attend camp programming this summer. At this time, we are still offering refunds for Camp PAWS programming should you choose to have your registration canceled. We know that some of you who chose to cancel may be in the position to donate all or a portion of you camp fees to HSHV. We greatly appreciate your consideration to make a donation if you are able to. If you do choose to refund your fees, those will be credited back to the card you used during registration and will be processed in the next 2-3 weeks.
To help our team with planning, we are asking that every family completes the camp survey below to let us know if we can still expect to see your child(ren) this summer as a part of our program. You can find that survey here: Camp PAWS survey We are hoping to have everyone complete this survey by Friday, June 6th.
I realize that this is a lot to consider. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have regarding our summer camp program.
Thank you for all you do to support HSHV!
VP of Volunteers and Humane Education